Greensboro. (1) Senior Technical Specialist (2) Technical Specialist
by Daniel Barber
Niche Technologists, Inc. is an IT consulting and staffing company in business since 1993 with clients from Oregon to New Hampshire, with a strong presence in the BI/DSS/OLAP market over the past 18 years.
We are currently working to fill two full-time Business Intelligence Application Developer positions for a Director level contact at a company in North Carolina.
These positions offer a great opportunity to enhance your skill sets as explained below under Qualifications Required.
Actual job titles are Technical Specialist, and Senior Technical Specialist. Contact email@example.com or 610-847-2143.
The hiring company is stable, has been in business since the early 1950’s, is strong financially, and no lay-offs over the past 18 years. The offer package includes a competitive starting base salary, good benefits plan, relocation assistance, and attractive career path.
Note: the client is not currently providing visa sponsorship or transfers.
The client originally used Hyperion Essbase, and later added Hyperion Planning. They are now using Hyperion System 9 and exploring Hyperion’s cost accounting system. They will probably upgrade to System 11 within the next two years. There is a large, long-term initiative underway which will require expanding the use of the Hyperion products. Other initiatives are underway which present added skills enrichment opportunities (details will be discussed with seriously interested candidates).
They are supporting both ASO and BSO models and using Web Analysis. The various companies under the parent umbrella share the same chart of accounts, so they are not using a consolidation product.
These positions are within the Finance Department and report to the Director of FP&A (who reports to the CFO). They are currently supporting 8 or 9 Essbase cubes which are mostly financial (e.g., A/P, Payroll, G/L, revenue). Essbase provides the reporting solution for their Lawson G/L software.
• Experience gathering business requirements and translating them to specifications on through to go-live, training, and support
• 4-6 years full life-cycle systems experience using Hyperion Essbase and EIS (Essbase Integration Services) and a willingness to learn SQL Server SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), and BIDS (Business Intelligence Development Studio). All data pulls are written in SSIS/BIDS. Candidates with no SSIS/BIDS but with heavy DTS experience and a willingness to learn SSIS/BIDS will be considered.
• OR similar life-cycle systems experience using Microsoft SQL Server SSIS/BIDS and a willingness to learn Hyperion Essbase, Hyperion EIS, and other Hyperion software components
• For the Hyperion Essbase/EIS qualified candidates, you also need have experience with report scripts, load rules, business rules, MAXL, security structure and shared services
Qualifications preferred (in addition to those required)
• Experience with VB.net or VB script, Java or C#
• Certifications: Hyperion or SQL Server or Oracle